Saturday, July 22, 2017

Portraits

                                                       "Weimy Goes home"

The last couple of weeks have been extremely busy here in the studio. I had taken up quite a few commissions and knew that these were subjects that needed complete attention. I rarely ever do portraits unless I get a special request for them. But when I saw the picture of the pet dog that the client sent me, I knew I  had to paint her, those eyes could not be ignored!

It took me quite a few hours to paint her, but I think I have never been as happy about any project as much as I have been of this one. It was so exciting to see her come to life on paper.




and here is the 8x10 print that finally went home to California!



Also, I worked on this house portrait which was equally challenging with the angles and straight lines, but it's done!



 I think this is just the beginning of a new phase in my art career, I never thought I would love working on such detailed subjects where staying inside the lines was crucial.

That's it for now, will be back with the desserts that I talked about in my previous post.

Have a nice weekend!

Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. Your work is simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing such beauty! Loved both pictures and especially the dog. Reminds me of mine.
    Thanks,
    Camille Jensen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...