Thursday, June 15, 2017

State Map Art



Last year, I had started a new series of ' Map Art' which primarily showcased the state bird and state flower. Some state maps were too small to fit a bird and those had a beautiful scenic landscape included. Some, especially the New England region have the most beautiful autumn foliage and I though it was important for me to include that in some of the states. All these were available as originals in my Etsy shop and most got sold. But the one most common request that I received then was to make these available as prints, small and large and/ or cards. It's taken me a while, no doubt, but its finally here!

I have started to offer all US states as prints and Art cards. The cards are 5x7 and a perfect size to frame making it a card and a gift all in one! They are printed on soft textured heavyweight paper and has a beautiful deckle edge to both the card and the envelope. If you need multiples, just contact me on Etsy and I will make them available for you. All 50 are available, but I have yet to list all of them on Etsy, if you don't see yours yet, just message me and I will list it for you.

Here are some of them ... sit back and enjoy with a super large cup of coffee!

All these are current available at an introductory price on Etsy.


Each single state has been handpainted and handlettered meticulously, It's a labor of love! It was so hard for me to stay within the lines, a completely different experience! There have been  maps beautifully painted yet ending up in the trash ..gulp!  beacause I painted it upside down! yes done that!

The most exciting part of this series has been collating all these individual states into one large huge US MAP!. This was a request from my dear husband, he wanted me to put them together and frame it. I am working hard on that and hopefully be done soon. I have given myself a deadline and want it done and framed by 4th of July!
I am planning to make the larger map available on Etsy too. Lets see how that goes!




















Like them?

Have a nice day and thanks for stopping by!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...