Thursday, June 1, 2017

Holiday Cards





It's been a long and busy May at the Sanketi studio. Started off by getting the Etsy shop all stocked up with Mother's day original watercolor cards and once that slowed down, I received a request for holiday cards..yes Christmas in May! After that the studio simply looked like Christmas, with fresh cut pine brought in for styling my work and warm cinnamon spice oil burning to get me into the mood of designing and printing these greeting cards, I had art ready from last year and all I needed to do was design and print them on cards..easy peasy..or so I thought!

The entire project took me several hours of just designing, and some more to get it print ready and several more finding the right cardstock for printing these special holiday cards. I went on a hunt to get the right paper and finally settled on some lovely textured 25% cotton paper which makes it look like fine stationery. After all this work, I decided to make some more work for myself and went ahead and designed some wrapping paper for each of the 14 designs that I had to offer. 12 holiday styles and 2 'thank you 'sets. Printed each one of them and got ready to assemble them as sets of 5. After 2  weeks of hard work, this project was finally ready to be styled and photographed and sent to the client..phew!


 Season's Greetings and Merry Christmas.

This set is now available on Etsy







Set of Thank You Cards on Etsy



Will be back soon with another post to share my new found love ..gouache ..a medium with which I have been playing a lot lately!

Thanks for stopping by!

Follow me on Instagram @sanketim for the latest behind the scenes.









Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...