Thursday, June 8, 2017

Gouache on Black


Gouache is a medium that I waited too long to try! Its a wonderful opaque water based medium that's a hybrid between watercolors and acrylic. There is a bit of a learning curve to this. I was trying to use watercolor techniques to paint with this..total fail!

I have finally learned that this medium works best out of the tube, with bare minimum water to wet and wash the brush. If you thin the paint, it looses its vibrancy. It's meant to go down thick. So paint with these as you would with oils. Start with the darks and add the lights or highlights on top.

Once I got the hang of it, it was easy to paint with, especially on black..looks so bright and opaque..love it!



 Here are some of the cards that I painted with this. I have used Winsor and Newton Gouache and handlettered with Dr.Ph Martins white Ink and nib pen.

All these are now on Etsy.

Congrats






Happy Birthday


Gouache painting with Envelope liner





 Give gouache a try...you will love it!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!



Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...