Saturday, July 2, 2016

Celebrate- World Watercolor Month

          In Flight'- Watercolor on paper - 6x9 


As I mentioned in my previous post, July is all about celebrating watercolors !  The ultimate challenge is to paint 31 paintings in 31 days. I had initially thought of doing an illustrated journal and  painting my everyday life in it and even made a special journal for it, but  then it occurred to me that all this while I  had been doing just that..painting my everyday life, I wanted to do something different ..a whole month of different!

I wanted to paint but in a more meditative manner. I wanted to pay no attention to design, sketch, pattern nor subject, I wanted it to come from deep within and be  guided by nothing more than my emotions and state of mind. I wanted to be in the moment.

Watercolor pigments have a wonderful way of telling a story, if we let it to...and the best way to do that is to apply pigment to wet paper and just let it be. Once the decision was made, I could not wait  to explore the deep potential of those wonderfully rich pure pigments .

I began on this new path of painting and it felt as though I had never painted before! It was exhilarating and definitely 'different'!

Presenting the 'Celebrate' collection.

..' In The Moment'




...'Fishing'


 ..' Roots'


...'As She Flows '




...'Focus'




Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. Beautiful! I want to learn to paint with water colors, I have been sticking to acrylics but painting with water looks so neat! Feel free to give my blog a look! Id appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...