Thursday, June 16, 2016

State Map Art

                  Illinois-5x7 Watercolor on 100%cotton 140# Cold Press watercolor paper.

Last week,  someone asked me can you do 'state art'...and I went ..  'what art' ? I had heard of 'state of the art' but never 'state art'!
...then she explained to me that she wanted me to paint her the map of Illinois state! That, I believe, is called map art/state art...don't hold me on that one..am not so sure! lol!

Always up for a challenge, I was super excited to attempt something new, I quickly looked up maps and drew my IL state map. Initially, I thought of just filling it in with a wash of colors, but then I thought, why not make it more interesting and add a scene to it. After spending a major part of my  morning on it,  I had the  painting ready. But the fun had just begun and I did not want to stop as yet..so I painted one more and more!

I was so excited with the way it turned out that I immediately shared it on social media and it was received with equal enthusiasm! How I wish there was a ' share ' button to my blog because I always forget to share it here !

On Etsy


After IL, I was eager to do a different state and was wondering which one to do next..and I asked on Instagram and someone suggested California....so here it is..poppies..Golden Gate ..beautiful scenic California !

On Etsy

        California5x7 Watercolor on 100%cotton 140# Cold Press watercolor paper.

I am loving this so much, that I might end up painting all 50 states! The fun is in visualizing the scene inside the map!


 If you need  one to be painted for you..let me know and I will come up with something!



Like it? Leave me a comment below!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend ahead!






Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. These are so amazing!!!
    I may need to buy one :-)
    Your talent is endless!
    I live in Illinois, but was born in Indiana...
    hhhmmm, I wonder what scene could go in IN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! I can't wait to paint IN..it has two of my favorites...the state bird is the cardinal and state flower is the peony!..LOVE!

      Delete
    2. Lucy..Indiana is now up on my blog!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...