Friday, May 20, 2016

Watercolor Bookmarks



 Happy Friday!

As a book lover, I am extremely fond of collecting bookmarks!
I still love and read books in all it's original glory simply because, I love the look, feel and smell of a brand new book in my hand and would not trade that for a digital reader!

Over the years, I have collected quite a few bookmarks but I am especially drawn towards the textural ones or those that have some really thought provoking quotes or proverbs, or one that has a simple serene landscape painting which takes me to a totally different land when I see it.

So when I got a message, a couple of weeks back,  asking if I had any faith based bookmarks in my shop on Etsy...to my utter dismay, I had to say NO! She needed them as gifts for her Church group and  I could not believe I had not shared any of my watercolor bookmarks on Etsy, especially since I love them so much and always have some on hand for my book loving  friends !

 That set the ball rolling and I immediately got to work and got some bookmarks done ! Painting these was the easiest part of the puzzle, but how would I package them?

I knew I wanted the end product to be a perfect gift for the book lover, but at the same time wanted it to look elegant. I did not want to use plastic sleeves, since I wanted the reader to get a feel of the 100%cotton paper that I was using for the bookmark and plastic and fine art have never been good friends! Thus began my search for the perfect bookmark packaging.

Then someone on one of my FB groups suggested envelopes and voila!
.....that was exactly what I needed!
..after some tweaking and branding , my bookmarks were ready to be shipped!


Here are some pics ..... Love  Papertrey Ink sentiment stamps..my favorite!


Set 1on ETSY





Set 2..on Etsy














 Like them? leave me a comment below !

 Thank you so much for stopping and have a great weekend!




Share/Bookmark

7 comments :

  1. All I can say is WOW. Your friend needs credit for suggesting this. I love them. And, of course, we all know someone who would love them, too. Great gift.
    Tish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sanketi, I usually enjoy your work, but I adore these bookmarks! You are such a talented water color artist, & I think the variety of subject matter in your little micro pieces of art showcase your flexibility w/your chosen medium. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are lovely. What a nice job you do on these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! I'd love to know where you got your stamps from.(?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful. I also like how you packaged them. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely! Very gift worthy and inspiring

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...