Monday, April 25, 2016

Papertrey April 2016 Blog Hop Challenge





Happy Monday!

I am so excited about my watercolor piece today!

This month Papertrey Ink really challenged me to do something I had never done before...go abstract!
...although I have painted some oil abstracts before, trying to do one with watercolors was different and something that had never occurred to me earlier. I have no idea why I had not attempted this subject before..it's so liberating to just go free!

For this painting I just let go and let the pigment do it's own thing. I let the painting guide me through the steps and I think this piece truly came on it's own!






Here is the inspiration picture..




When I started I knew I wanted to paint circles, so I simply drew some with the help of my painters tape and other bottle caps around the house and went from there. The  most difficult decision was whether to add a sentiment or not...I was torn! But then decided to add this tiny little, 'loaded with meaning'  word from the PTI Movers and Shakers Sentiments set .




On Etsy

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a great week ahead!





Share/Bookmark

23 comments :

  1. Just WOW!, Sanketi! Love the freedom of your circles. And the sentiment is perfect! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic piece of artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Very cool interpretation of the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! I love the sentiment you chose, Sanketi~it really finishes it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow on this amazing work of art Sanketi! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning1 Love the depth and layers. Fabulous take on the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I was waiting to see what you would do with the inspiration and I'm NOT disappointed. So creative, so perfect and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool piece. Makes me want to go paint some circles. Or more like, let circles paint themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so cool! Fabulous take on the inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should be excited, it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow is a perfect word for this. You took the inspiration piece and made it even greater..
    Love your colors, too. Perfect for this.
    Tish

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! as always !! : ) Such a fun take on this challenge Sanketi!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the inspiration pic. Your circles are awesome! No other word works, but WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! Love everything about your abstract and free flowing card! Your water coloring abilities just amaze me Sanketi...I just love coming to see what you've created!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY!! This is SO COOL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Beautifully graphic and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adventurous and beautiful...as always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! The black is so bold against the watercolor background. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like a painting! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is your first abstract watercolor piece? Wow! What a lovely work of art.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...