Friday, March 25, 2016

Papertrey Ink March 2016 Blog Hop Challenge



Paper and thread, so common yet so unique!

This month's inspiration picture over at Papertrey Ink is simply STUNNING! Even if you don't want to be a part of the hop, PLEASE just go take a look at the pictures and automatically you will want to go check out the artist and her AWESOME work!

Izziyana Suhaimi takes embroidery on paper to a whole new level! I had to literally pick my jaw off the floor when I saw her work. Thanks to PTI for introducing us to this wonderful artist.

Now how does one incorporate that beauty  into watercolors.? Although I love sewing and have done my share of quilt making and dress making, it has been a long time since I threaded a needle! So my best option was to paint something and this is what I came up with!



        PTI-Fancy Folk Art , Unity stamps. Watercolors, Graphite.



I pondered over adding a sentiment and asked my Instagram friends to help me out, they suggested I add a sentiment, so I did! While I was at it, I painted another one and left it as is..no sentiment!



The floral image  and sentiment is by PTI and the image of the girl is by Unity stamps. I sketched and shaded the image using a regular graphite pencil and the rest are watercolors.




On Etsy later today!


 In other news, I worked on a shop video for Etsy and a channel trailer over at YouTube...here it is..take a look!

Click on the link below to watch in HD on YouTube

VIDEO On YouTube



 Thanks for stopping by today, and have a wonderful weekend!





Share/Bookmark

23 comments :

  1. WOW!!!!!! Amazing what you did with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-mazing! Perfectly captures the inspiration pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw the inspiration photos I wondered what you'd come up with and you definitely did not disappoint! Beautiful, beautiful cards!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your work is stunning! Your watercoloring is gorgeous but I particularly love your stamping in this, brillantly done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your work is stunning! Your watercoloring is gorgeous but I particularly love your stamping, brilliantly done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both stunning pieces and a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your cards are so neat, like little works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are lovely - what a great mix of stamping, drawing and shading - perfect for tody's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I join the rest of your "fan club" : ) in high praise for another remarkable Sanketi creation!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. There are no words. You captured the inspiration so perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sanketi, you wow every time! Not just one painting but 2 gorgeous watercolors! Love the one with the sentiment, especially the graphite stamped images. Just, wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful works of art! Love how you placed the florals on your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, what you came up with is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sanketi, your designs are stunning, striking and very emotional. I too was so touched by the artist that Nichole featured. I want to own several of her works and hang them on feature walls in my home to look at every day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sanketi, this is a stunning interpretation of the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I'm truly speechless. This is incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just super!! Always love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, these are gorgeous! Fabulous take on the inspirational photo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of your cards are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have no words for how beautiful I think your card is! Amazing! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE your take on this blog challenge! I too had a jaw drop moment when I visited Izziyana Suhaimi site. Her designs were all so completely awe inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing! You've definitely captured the feel of the inspiration pieces!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...