Thursday, March 17, 2016

Papertrey Ink Create Along With Us


"If you want to skip this and go straight to the PTI create along with us challenge card...scroll down!"

I have not blogged in a long time nor have I painted..but have been extremely busy!
...doing what?
.......graphic design!

Ok, before I lead you to think that I am now an accomplished graphic designer, let me be clear and tell you that I am just learning the 'Basics" of graphic design! It was something I had been wanting to do for a long time, I am not so good with anything digital or shall I say anything that needs me to click a button! My hands shake at the very thought of having to press 'enter'! lol! What if I cannot undo it ! I am an old school girl who is very happy with paper and pen and anything that belongs to the 20's!  It took me a long time learning the basics of a computer and today, I must say, I cannot imagine my life without a laptop!

A couple of weeks back, there was this talk about branding and logos and banners on our Etsy FB group and we were asked to share our logo with the group...wait.. WHAT!...logo? ..I did not even know that teeny tiny businesses like mine were  supposed to have a logo, forget sharing it! But I took it up as a challenge and decided to make one, after all I had Photoshop to help me through this...right?   .....WRONG!
....Once I opened PS, I understood that I needed something more that just PS..something called graphic design skills! So, I started to read up about designing and tried to watch YT to gather some very important PS skills, but most of the tutorials are way too advanced for my poor little brain to grasp quickly!

So I just took a picture ...added some text and called it my logo and shared it, determined to learn and make a better one in the future!
here is the first one...
Before..


Once I had learned some basic design., I attempted to make one..simple and minimalistic.  I think I did ok with  this one...am sure with time and practice, it will get better. For now this is my logo..feels good to say that I designed it! 

What do you think? I would love to hear from you..Leave me a comment!

After...

Made a banner for Etsy.. and my blog too...did you see the my blog banner? I used the same logo for it...having struggled so much to make a logo, I have to use it everywhere!lol! Will work some more on the blog banner later today.


A poster ...



After all the digital designing, my hands started to beg me for a brush  and I headed to my studio to get some painting done. Of course, after all this time, I was out of ideas and needed some inspiration. I went to my favorite place ..Papertrey Ink ..and found this Create Along With Us release week challenge. I saw all those cakes, went to the fridge to look for those muffins that hubs had got over the weekend and decided to paint one..... right after I had eaten one...of course!


I was inspired by Heather's cupcakes


The cake is a watercolor illustration and the sentiment is by Papertrey Ink - Birthday-Inside and out




While I was at it, I painted another one...both the cards are available on Etsy.




Yumm..I better go see, if there are any muffins left...need one now!

If you lasted through this long post...THANK YOU!

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!



Share/Bookmark

8 comments :

  1. you are so talented. that cupcake and the card are amazing. love your logo(s)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the water coloring!!!Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered you from Watercolor for card makers! I really enjoyed your videos and I'm going to follow you for more inspiration! I love your logo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such lovely cupcake cards and beautiful logo change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swooooon! Your card is delightful as usual! I think your Logo is wonderful! Better because it is something you painted and photographed instead of a computer generated logo. Bravo and A+++++ : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh myyyy, Sanketi...your talent is amaZing! I simple adore this card, the cupcake, it looks yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...