Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Roses



Roses are blooming already..yes they are... in my little corner of the world...
......last week I decided to plant some roses....oops!....I mean  paint some roses and I got so carried away that I can now paint them  in my sleep!

It started with my sudden urge to paint some flowers which were more involved and tighter in technique. I intended to paint wet on dry and started on one and I have to confess, I did not go very far with that thought, in fact it was over even before it had begun!

I accepted it was not for me...it's a technique that I have never been crazy about..way too dry and predictable and makes me fiddle with my strokes a lot., leading to overworked mud!   I love the unpredictable nature of wet on wet and all the happy little accidents which often make me wonder .."how did I do that!"

So as is oft told..'old habits die hard'...I went back to my favorite technique and began to paint 'a' rose which soon ended up as 'many ' roses and still counting!

Here are just a few of them...

This one is still a work in progress piece and I posted a tiny video on Instagram to show how wet my paper is when I paint using the wet on wet technique.




Most of them will be available as prints on Society6 and I might add a few to Etsy as originals.



Hope you liked all the color in the middle of winter !

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week ahead!



Share/Bookmark

6 comments :

  1. Hi Sanketi,
    They all are as usual, very lovely and beautiful.
    Please do some video tutorials as well.

    ~Megha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of your talent! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SO BEAUTIFUL!!! You are truly a fantastic artist - your flower creations are amazing - I love seeing them. And I loved your tutorials on the recent online card class too - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are positively STUNNING!!!! You are such an amazing artist-- your work is utterly breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...