Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!


 HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I had hoped to get this post up on the 1st but then a recent trip which was supposed to be a vacation made me need another vacation to recover from it!

We decided to end 2015 with a short vacation  and took off for an entire week which was a lot for us! It had been 4 years since we took a 'real' break! I am now trying to catch up  and I think it will be a while before I get through with everything!

Usually I do a 'year in review' post before the year ends, but had to skip it last week because of my sudden unplanned trip. Nevertheless, here is a short overview of the year gone by.....

2015 was a year full of ups and downs and I could feel it every moment! Just when I thought something was going right, I was thrown a curveball! But I got through and lived to tell the tale!

The year started with a major setback and  after something like that, everything else seems mundane and small. 2015 taught us a lot, most importantly, it reiterated my belief in miracles !

On the creative front,
I opened a small little place to showcase my watercolors and nothing could have given me more satisfaction than customers letting me know how much they are enjoying my little works of art!..feeling blessed!
The Etsy shop made me discover a new me! I found that I was capable of so much more than I had thought ! It gave me new impetus and the push to tread into hitherto unknown territories!
Due to the lack of time, my videos became far and few and that is something I will be working on pretty soon!
Again, for the very same reason, my posts on  this blog have drastically come down, but, hopefully, this year I will fall into a regular schedule and have everything in order.
I ventured into a new area of custom watercolors and I must say am loving it so far!
Hand lettering and calligraphy was given a chance and a lot of time was spent on practicing this lovely art!
A major highlight of 2015, apart from the Etsy shop, was seeing my watercolors in print! Thank you   Tricia and Club Scrap!

I think that, just about summarizes the year gone by, that's my 2015 in a nutshell!
..and I start 2016 with a watercolor class on Online Card class It starts on the 25th..check it out!

Another very important note to add here....if you are still interested in receiving updates and new posts from my blog than be sure to READ THIS!

"We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow"..
read more here...GOOGLE NOTICE

 If you click on the your 'blogs I follow' list and see that mine is missing and you still intend to follow me then you will need to sign up for a free google account and follow my blog with it. 

Sorry...but google says so!



I am slowly adding some Valentine cards and paintings to my Etsy shop, here are some cards...
I have used sentiments by Papertrey Ink.





That's it for now, have a wonderful week and and a healthy and prosperous year ahead!



Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. Happy New Year, Sanketi! I wish you a year of no setbacks and bountiful creativity! I still love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, and I do hope you have recovered from your vacation. After 4 years, you deserve it. I look forward to seeing your videos, once again, when you are ready, for you are by far, one of my most favorite watercolorists! May you have an easier time this year. I look forward to visiting your shop on Etsy, and just maybe, this year, I will be able to purchase a print from you. Be well and happy and enjoy every moment water coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is awesome. Such brilliant water coloring :) love the bright colors, very pretty :) :) Happy new year...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...