Friday, August 7, 2015

Zendoodle


As a watercolor artist, am usually surrounded by colors and brushes and paints and of course water! But every now and then I like to sit back and relax with just some paper and pen and doodle away! I find it extremely meditative. The black and white seems so calming and at the same time simply breathtaking.

 I love the art of zen doodling!
...now, there is a difference between doodling and Zentangling. Zentangle is a registered name for drawing . It has certain rules and definite official patterns called tangles. Zendoodling or Doodling is basically the same minus all the rules regarding  size of paper, design etc.

So in an effort to recharge after a busy week, I decided to keep my colors away for a few hours and picked up my favorite Faber Castell PITT artist pens and  started to draw.....just draw..with no particular design or theme or structure in mind...just go with the flow. It calms my mind and helps me focus and of course refreshes me !

 I end up with a beautiful piece of artwork is just a bonus!

Here are two pieces I did yesterday....these make a very nice coloring card for someone who loves to color. I have used watercolor paper, just so that one can use watercolors to color them, but any medium would work well on these. You can find these cards now on Etsy.










 Have you ever tried Zentangling or doodling.....if so leave me a link in a  comment below and I would love to stop by and see your work.



Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful weekend!

Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...