Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Lemon on a plate


 Once I see the yellow school bus back on the roads, I know the warm weather is coming to an end pretty soon and that means I need to make the most of all the pretty flowers and fresh produce ! The lovely blooms in my garden are soon going to be gone, but then Fall will be here! The beautiful autumn colors make me just so happy! I love the warm sun which makes everything just glow with light. The soft haze is perfect for plein air painting.

Today I painted some cards. The  lemon on a plate was part of my prep for lunch. I saw the light falling on the table and decided to do a quick sketch. Since I wanted it to be fresh and quick, I picked just 3 primary colors.. yellow , ultramarine blue and alizarin crimson.

Here is a closer look...



Here is another one....fresh blueberries in a bowl..There were more on the table which  vanished by the time I finished painting....wonder where it went............!



Painting the bloom on the blueberries (white oxidation on the berries) was, no doubt, a challenge but it was a lot of fun. Each one different and unique!

These are now available on Etsy.




Sharing these cards with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- food and /or drink.


Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

Share/Bookmark

5 comments :

  1. Your art is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. It's very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those a re great! Especially those yummy blueberries - perfectly paired with those blue splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous watercoloured cards, a super design of stunning beautifully colour and colouring!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - this is simply amazing and so beautiful!!! and I think you could enter it into the Food challenge over at DoubleClick - Here is a link for you!! Would love to see it in our gallery!! http://doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com/2015/08/thank-you-cherry-much-use-food.html
    Taunya Butler
    daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blueberry just pop out of the card! :) Great watercolour piece!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...