Thursday, June 25, 2015

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge


 It's time for Papertrey Ink June blog hop and I have a watercolored piece today. I almost always forget to make something ahead of time, despite the fact that Nichole always puts up the inspiration picture as soon as the new release is done!

This month I had decided to play along ..come rain or shine ! The shoes in the inspiration picture are just so adorable and I almost went for a literal translation ..paint some shoes with a flower..but then I decided to challenge myself a bit and read between the picture..so to say..and here is what I came up with.




A negative painting of sorts, I splashed some color to start with and as it dried, added more glazes and started to carve the flower by adding more darks. I do have a video on negative painting which explains this technique a little more in detail. Here is the link..negative painting.






I was inspired primarily by the orange flower and decided to keep the stripes pretty subtle. Here is a closer look...





The Sentiment stamp is by PTI -Half and Half and the subtle flowers in the background are from PTI- Year of flowers.

Also sharing with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge- anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful week ahead!



Share/Bookmark

10 comments :

  1. You are such an artist with color, Sanketi! This is so vibrant!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sanketi, you never fail to amaze and inspire! Such beauty in layers of watercolor. Loving the subtle stripes and bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing as always... And I love how you made the challenge your own !! The colors are perfect !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous! I love how you pulled this beauty from the inspiration photo. A true artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING!!! I love your take on their challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...