Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Strength - video


 Some midweek inspiration for you....
......lately I have been experimenting a lot and trying to use a limited palette of colors for most of my sketching and painting In particular black and white has caught my attention and I seem to be reaching for tube blacks more often and by that I mean, I usually mix my darks and very rarely use black straight from a tube since it's often too stark but I am liking it of late and as you can see I have been using it quite a bit. In my previous video ..Antique butterfly, I did use black straight from the pan and loved the results.

So I tried it on another piece.....


Here, I have used Unity stamp -Dream Girl as my focal point and given it a bright pink background




here is a video....

   



Thank you so much for stopping by and keep trying and experimenting with new techniques!






Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for the video step-by-step. I don't use black either, but I'm going to give it a try.

    Hugs,
    Carmen L

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me - I love your watercoloring and your videos are so relaxing. I love the look of this and have been experimenting with it myself since I watched this. You've helped me grow so much in my watercoloring - thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...