Thursday, August 21, 2014

Wedding Day


 Today's card is a feather in my creative cap!

I have always loved the look of embossing especially the ones where dies are used, not only does it stretch our dies a bit further, it gives the final product a beautiful letterpressed look and who does not love letterpress!

But........ but.....my attempts in the past to achieve this beautiful look have always been a disaster! The dies almost always just cut through the paper, despite using all the shims and embossing pads! But this time around I was determined...I simply had to get this thing right...."it's not rocket science"-I told myself ....... and all the wonderful work I had seen around the blog world made me want to just get it right.

..and so I tried and tried..until I had a 'eureka' moment ....Yayyyyy!




  I have used Crafter's Companion's new Die'sire decorative dies -  circle doilies. They cut like butter but emboss even better.  Also used a stamp by CC from the Crisalis Classics- Wedding Day set.


 Here is a closer look at the embossing....oh... am so proud of it...heheee!


 We are having a birthday week celebration over at CC, so don't forget to stop by the Crafter's Companion Facebook page for week long fun!


It's been a while since I played along challenges...so here we go..sharing this one with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge-anything goes

Thanks for stopping by today...see ya!



Share/Bookmark

8 comments :

  1. beautiful embossing with the stamping Sanketi !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You achieved gorgeous results with your embossing. Love this! Thanks again for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! An elegant wedding card! Glad you were determined to get it! This is worth all the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card. Kudos on experimenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...