Friday, July 11, 2014

The little things...



Had some fun with colored pencils this morning!
..everytime  I use this medium, I am transported back in time.. when I got my first set of pencils which I kept inside my desk  in it's original packaging ...to be seen and enjoyed from far only...not to be used..ever.... for fear of it getting 'over'!

It was a set of 24 by Colleen ( does that brand even exist now?) I think I kept it that way for over 2 years and then I received another smaller set of Faber Castell's as a birthday gift and then that went into 'cold storage' and the Colleen set was finally brought out and put to some real good use!


 I still have this set and today I decided to take a picture and put it here..looks like my favorite color was orange..it has been sharpened to the end!



I think there was a time when my brother put his claim over it since it had a picture of a cockpit on the cover and he was and is crazy about flying and anything to do with planes! But looks like I used my standard trick of getting it back from him...go to dad and tell on him! ..tears almost always helped too and here it is still with me after sooo many years!

Today I have all these artist quality pencils sitting on my desk, but this first one will always be special.


 So coming back to my card for today, I have used Spectrum Noir blendable colored pencils and stamps by Crafter's Companion.


 Stamps-Stamp It Australia-friendship sentiments and Floral fancies
Spectrum Noir Colored Pencils- 049,059,043,084,060,017,112,120,064,076,044



Just pencils ..no other medium used.



For more inspiration, stop by Crafter's Companion FB page!

Take care and have a fun weekend!







Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. This is a very sweet and dear card. And what a wonderful memory to hold about your old box of colored pencils.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...