Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Time to relax!



Lately, I have been really enjoying colored pencils and ever since I got the Spectrum Noir pencils, I have been using them even more, in fact they are always on my desk now and seem to be sharing equal space with my watercolors! Over the last weekend, I did a larger piece to frame where I applied a light wash of watercolor and then completed the entire piece using colored pencils! It did take me  a while to complete but am pretty happy with it, considering it was my first attempt at drawing a still life and coloring it with pencils. But doing an entire piece does take a 'lot' of patience which I definitely lack and of course a lot of time. It's not quick and easy like watercolors, especially the way I approach it!

Will share that piece a little later today..till then here is a  card where the entire image has been colored with just Spectrum Noir blendable colored pencils  and the foreground shadow has been watercolored.



The large image is by Crafter's Companion and here are the deets.. 

Stamps-Sheena-a little bit scenic-Provence, Crisalis Classics-perfect day-sentiment
Spectrum Noir Blendable pencils-024,014,045,103,088,115,060,073,074
Blending solution


a closer look.....


Here is a peek...will be back in a bit with another post completely devoted to it , after all it's my first colored pencil work ever!



Thanks for stopping by and see you soon....






Share/Bookmark

6 comments :

  1. The card is beautiful :) and I am so amazed by ur pencil color piece, I so look forward to see the whole image !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This first piece is one of my favorite stamp sets and I loved how you combined pencils and watercolor. Always so much inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is MARVELOUS. Love the coloring and I feel relaxed just looking at it. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is MARVELOUS. Love the coloring and I feel relaxed just looking at it. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty scene! I like the bit of watercolor along with the penciled colors! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I look at this lovely scene I hear the voice of Edith Piaf singing the beautiful, La Vie En Rose - aaah Both pieces are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...