Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thinking of you....




Before I get on with today's post, I would like to take  a moment to thank you all for the huge response to my videos...am truly grateful for all the support and encouragement!

 For someone who had never done something like this before, it's really a boost to see that people like and even wait to see what I put up next!  I will definitely try to bring something new every week and hope to inspire you to pick up a brush and start painting. It's  an excellent way of expressing yourself  and can be extremely meditative.

When I read the comments, I feel happy to note that so many of you have started to think watercolors and have even tried to paint, which is a good start, but keep at it, even if it is an 'epic failure' as one of you wrote to me...haha..no art can be a 'failure' according to me, it's a learning process and I would look at it as a journey....you have to start and keep moving to reach somewhere.....so start with what you have in terms of colors, paint as you feel and please don't give up!

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I would say keep a sketchbook. You will be amazed at your own progress by the end of a month of daily painting. Don't tear any pages and keep them as lessons learned.

Thanks again and happy painting!



About today's card, it's a stamp by Crafter's Companion and is from the Stamp It Australia-around the world set. I stamped it using Distress ink and went around it with a damp brush...then went over it using Spectrum Noir blendable colored pencils and blending solution.


Stamps-Stamp it Australia-Around the World,Crisalis Classics-Perfect day-selectively inked sentiment
Spectrum Noir colored pencil-111,blending solution


For more inspiration stop by CC Facebook page.

Hope you liked it and thanks so much for stopping by.


Share/Bookmark

6 comments :

  1. Totally stunning! :) You are such a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! You master the light/shadow technique, that's something I love to see in painting. Love the contrast on the cathedral. Thanks for encouraging and for your tips and tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely, gentle card. I love the simplicity of it.You've inspired me to not "fear" the empty space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous design that really accents the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous! You've made such neutral colors really come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this reminds me of the James bond movie "from Russia with love" :) gorgeous way to make neutrals look rich

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...