Sunday, June 15, 2014

Miracle


Another quick weekend post!

The stamp is by Unity Stamps and was released today. It's from the Stamp Of The Week collection.



And now to answer all of you who have left me a comment on my video posts and on my YouTube channel....
.......the most FAQ about  how I stamp the image. ...how do I get part of it black and the rest grey...do I use a black pen?

....As part of the Unity Design Team , we  receive digital images to work with and when I print those images, in order to avoid that dark black outline, I use a photo editing software like Photoshop and convert the image to grey. Now, if you are aware of PS, then one of the ways to do that is to use Paint bucket...but as I have mentioned in an earlier post, I don't do very well with PS and in fact struggle to convert it to grey scale! So it's a hit or miss when it comes to conversion and parts of the image stay black!
...so the part that you'll keep asking me how to do is in fact a 'happy accident'!

But if I have the actual rubber stamp with me, I use distress ink or a grey ink to stamp the image.I hope that answers your question.



Thanks for stopping by and have a great week ahead!



Share/Bookmark

8 comments :

  1. Beautiful card with lovely message

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card and wonderful with the watercolor design. Thanks for explaining about using gray. I have tried and it just doesn't work well for me. One of these days I will learn photoshop. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous creation!!!! I was actually wondering the same thing, so thank you for answering how you stamp the images two colors. Love the bright, pretty colors of all your cards!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, that was my question and thanks for answering it!! I love the happy accidents that looks intentional. It adds so much more dimension to have parts of it black. I may have to try that with some of my digital images. I have yet to try watercoloring any of them as I wonder if the ink will run. There is only one way to find out! Thanks for sharing your beautiful artwork with us...and I love your videos. I have always loved the look of watercolor but never thought I could do it and you inspired me to give it a try and now I absolutely LOVE painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card and thanks for the answer to that question!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. I truly love this. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely watercolor card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...