Saturday, June 14, 2014

Be Joyful


Am back with some weekend inspiration for you!

I posted this card on the Unity Blog last week and had some readers ask me how I did the background, so I thought of posting this on my blog and showing some close ups and also some info on how to do the background.


A quick and simple way of watercoloring a background is to dampen the entire area and drop in some pigment and let it do it's own thing...you will be surprised with the results! Just don't fiddle with it once you lay the pigment because by going back with a damp brush you are in fact lifting the pigment off the paper, because the brush then acts as a sponge and absorbs all that wonderful color!


Once the paper was dry, I went back with a dry brush and lifted some color off for the rays. The image is from the Layers Of Life kit by Unity stamps.




A closer look...


That's it for today, have a fun weekend and thanks for stopping by!





Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...