Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Thinking Of You....


 For a long time now, I have been wanting to get some Penny Black stamps. I love their stamps, especially their Slapstick range,where the images are huge  and a pleasure to color!

So, I finally got some last week and these sunflowers were one of them. It's 'Sunny Pair' from their new collection 'Happy Everything. The sentiment is by Penny Black 'Thinking of you' slapstick.



 Of course watercolor was my medium of choice for the coloring, although for a moment I did think of using watercolor pencils..Inktense, in particular, but finally settled on my well loved Koi Watercolors.

I did manage to take a couple of pictures before I got lost among the sunflowers and realized a bit too late that I had gone too far to take any more that would make sense to the reader!
.....in short , I forgot to take pictures!

Anyway, this is how I started ...


 First wash....


Adding the darks....


 Splattered some paint and shimmer mist-gold.


 Another closer look...


Sharing with Penny Black.



That's it for today...thanks so much for stopping by!




Share/Bookmark

15 comments :

  1. Sanketi it is such a pleasure to visit your blog every time, love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful !! Love to see the making of another master piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Thanks for the peek into your process. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the facebook post from Penny Black!! Love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the Facebook post from Penny Black! I LOVE this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Beautiful...Every visit is a sheer pleasure to watch the masterpiece :) Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You so have the gift!!! Would love to see a video how you did this :) hopeful?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best Sanketi style! Absolutely love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is stunning. Watching you paint brings me such joy. You're incredibly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Beautiful and inspiring! Thanks for sharing your talent. Just Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...