Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Nuts About You !



I am so glad you'll enjoyed my previous post, I have another stepped out card  for you today.......



 I have used Clearly Besotted  'nuts for you' set and here is how I approached this card...



 Since the pictures are pretty self explanatory, I will not bore you with the details, but if you have any questions, please leave me a comment!






 If you observe closely, the pics above show the squirrel way darker than the below pics and the final card, that's because after I sketched in the background, I felt the squirrel was a bit dark and 'jumping off the page'....in relation to the background..so I went over the entire image part by part with a wet brush and lifted off some color. I think it looks much better now!




A close up.......

 I hope you like it !

Sharing with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge-Let's have a laugh
and Clearly Besotted challenge-Love

.......and now to announce the Niji Splash Ink giveaway winner......

 Tish

I would love to win this. I saw them at a store and haven't made up my mind to buy them yet. If I won, then I can use them immediately. I love your example. I am still trying to master your watercoloring technique.
Tish 

Please email me with your address and I shall forward it to Niji . Thanks everyone who left a comment on that post!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Share/Bookmark

15 comments :

  1. A beautiful scene! Thanks for the detailed photos! I like these as well or better than a video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did such beautiful job on your card thanks for sharing all the steps, I also like the others you have posted.
    I am now a follower, can't wait to see what you post next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, hope to see you soon!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful and serene! I wish we had squirrels in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cool. I love the mix of stamp and hand colored.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !! beautiful card ..love the cute squirrel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I´m always like `wow´ when I see one of your cards, Sanketi. But this time - WOW WOW WOW!!!! This is really a piece of art. Just loving your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I be you when I grow up? Your cards are STUNNING!! I love how you use the stamp as a jumping off point and then water color everything else!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous watercolor effect! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Let's Have a Laugh Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, I love the watercoloured effect! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW WOW WOW stunning, I love your card.

    Greetings from Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...