Saturday, January 25, 2014

Love Blooms !




I simply can't wait for Spring!

I am trying my best to stay positive and have been assuring myself that this winter shall pass and soon! It's been over 7 years since we moved from warm and sunny Georgia to the super cold Illinois and this year has been, by far, the coldest of them all. As much as I love cold and prefer cooler temps .(not much of a summer girl! )... this is way above my limits too! It's been ' painfully' cold, if you know what I mean..simple tasks like setting the trash out and mail pickup without layering oneself has become really dangerous and I am saying that from experience!

But spring has already arrived on my blog, I have been sketching flowers and painting bright greens and pinks and have been planning all kinds of pretty flowers for our garden this year! In fact I have another post coming up later today with some pink roses.

For now I have Magnolias for you! Last year I saw some beautiful pink/purple magnolias at a friend's place. I thought Magnolias were always white and was pleasantly surprised!


I have used Crafter's Companion stamps and the flowers have been  colored using Spectrum Noir markers. The background is done using watercolors.



the detail...


If you love coloring then do stop by the CC Facebook page where you can find tons more inspiration by the rest of the DT.

A closer look....


Crafter's Companion Stamps- Sheena Florals, Crisalis Classics-Wedding Day-Sentiment
Spectrum Noir- PP1, PP4 PP5,PP6, Blender


Thanks so much for stopping by today ..will be back soon with another floral card!






Share/Bookmark

7 comments :

  1. This is so completely gorgeous! I agree with you about winter-it's time for us to have a break! I live in the Chgo. suburbs and it has been brutal. I feel so bad for the homeless :-(
    Thanks for the cheerful work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink blooms Sanketi .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!! Beautifully done in every single angle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am from South Carolina and I thought they were mostly white, too. Oh well. Your painting is outstanding. Great job on this card.
    Tish in Tampa now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Sanketi...how I understand you. I've been waiting for Spring since the Winter took place :). Seriously, these dark days have a bad influence in my mood, I need sunshine, flowers, the nature in all its splendor... the only thing I don't like about Spring are my allergies, but lets just call it a secondary effect, a price to pay for beauty and good mood :)!
    However, what took me here in the first place was this fabulous card. You are a wonderful colorist, no matter the medium you use. I absolutely love the crisp flowers against the less defined background... besides, magnolias are soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...