Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hand Lettering- Yasutomo Niji


 Hand written letters seem to be such a lost form of communication these days. Rarely do I receive a handwritten note!


My handwriting is not something that would pass the calligrapher's test but it's pretty decent, if I may say so myself. It was not always like that, in fact way back in school, my writing was often in the limelight ..for all the wrong reasons ..of course!

We used to have Cursive writing books and an entire class would be devoted to writing practice and mistakes were just not permitted in the workbook, one mistake and we had re- write the whole sentence 10 times..so ..10 mistakes....well you know the math!

 So with all that practice, my handwriting turned out ok by middle school, but I feel it started to look even better once we started using fountain pens. But I still need to practice and better my hand and hopefully, someday be good enough to do Calligraphy !

For now I fill sketchbooks!

Today I thought of sharing my sketchbook with you all, it's my lettering journal . I try to practice everyday and jot down a quote that catches my eye!


For more ..stop by the Niji Blog today!


Disclaimer: The quotes in this post are not my own  and  have been gathered from around the web and books, I do not know the origin or source of the quotes to give them due credit . If anyone knows, do leave me a comment below and I will add the due credits.


Thanks for stopping by!





Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

  1. I am always inspired when I drop in here. I pulled out my sketch book a few days ago and am determined to draw and paint more. I think I will practice my lettering too. The little peak of sketch book looks delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing is in wonderful style Sanketti! and your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved ur handwriting.. the way you wrote the sentiment awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing is perfect. Looks like a stamp.
    As usual, love your watercoloing.
    Tish

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...