Thursday, January 30, 2014

CAS-ual Fridays- over the edge



Happy Friday everyone!
This week CAS-ual Fridays challenge is about using elements over the edge or base of your card. I decided to use my alphabet dies and came up with a thank you card . 


.....no sentiment on the painted card itself...shocked? yeah me too..still recovering from it!lol!

The person who is getting this card invited us for tea and during our time there, she showed me her beautiful yellow teapot. I thought of painting her one as a keepsake and sent her this thank you note. Stamping a sentiment on the card would have taken the attention away from the focal point. But it was tough..... for me a card starts with a sentiment!

This week CAS-ual Fridays stamps is sponsoring the prize, so don't forget to play along!



a closer look....

Stamp by Clearly Besotted-my cup of tea


Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Share/Bookmark

10 comments :

  1. Sanketi, pl tell me how you do the awesome awesome shadow effects, really makes all the difference !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suman!
      I will definitely try to show that in my next post, for now all I can say is start with a light source..ie imagine light falling on your subject and maintain that throughout the painting. I would suggest you work from real life for a while and train your mind to see it. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful card for your friend! I'm sure she will treasure this rendering of her lovely teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I opened my email and see a card from you, I eagerly open it. This is awesome. You should be on paid staff for every company that you use their stamps..Because, this card will sell the stamp! I cannot draw as you can and need the stamp to complete a project. As usual, I know it is watercolor, but how you get such wonderful shading and colors is beyond my little brain.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Tish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoy your work. It is so restful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful piece of art ! do you sell your cards ? seriously I would certainly buy them and frame them . A fabulous, fabulous and uplifting card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sanketi

    Ohhh I too am a watercolor lover. I forget to use them, now seeing your work I will pick them up again for a bit. I appreciate your post above this one, great advice.

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's something so intrinsically warming and comforting about a cup of tea, so I can completely see how this card would cheer anyone up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...