Saturday, January 4, 2014

Bonne année et bonne santé !


Today I am sharing my very first post  as  part of Crafter's Companion USA Inspiration Design Team!
...you will be able to see my work on  CC FB page  and my blog. I hope to inspire you with lot's of Spectrum Noir coloring of their lovely stamps alongside  my signature watercoloring.


 A long time ago I took French lessons. I put in almost 5 years trying to learn the language and perfect my accent and pronunciations and grammar. Sadly, today, I can't speak a word to save my life!
It's gone..poof..just like that! I have forgotten all of it except for some basic hello's and thank you's!

But what I do remember very well is  the expression 'Bonne année et bonne santé '....Happy New Year/ good year  and  good health! My French teacher would use' bonne santé 'very often and that stayed on with me.

So starting the New Year with a new Design Team, I would like to wish everyone on the team ...

                                   ' Bonne année et bonne santé'



For my card here, I have used watercolors and Spectrum Noir markers together. I applied a light wash and then went over the grapes using the pens. Also I have used watercolor paper. All this together gave it a wonderful texture. The markers bleed a bit on this kind of paper, which adds to the look  of the project. This was something I casually tried over the holidays on some scrap watercolor paper and really loved the look.


                         Stamps- Crafter's Companion- Sheena- A little bit scenic - Provence
                             Spectrum Noir Markers- PL3 PL4 PL5

Every day the DT will be sharing a new project on CC FB page, so head over there if you love using Spectrum Noirs or if you simply love to color!

Also sharing with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- something new

Thanks for stopping by today!


Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

  1. Gorgeous card Sanketi :-) I love the whole french vineyard feel of this ,,,beautiful colouring and design :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Happy New Year !!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a treat! I have a set of the Spectrum Noir markers. Very excited to see what you will be doing with them, then I can try it out too : ) Tres bien, Sanketi!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...