Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Believe..in the magic of Christmas!



MERRY CHRISTMAS!

A Christmas card, specially made for you, who stop by my little space and take the time to leave me some really encouraging comments..thank you so much, you are deeply appreciated!


Santa came by early this year....I was on  the' nice' list you see!
..and got me some watercolor crayons, and not just any watercolor crayons, he got me Caran D'ache Neocolor II ! This set has been on my wish list for almost 2 years now, and I, somehow, could never justify getting myself watercolors in crayon form, since I am more comfortable using pan colors and find them more vibrant  than tubes.

But if you remember, I had mentioned in an earlier post, that I am an 8.... .. that was Dec 8th..my birthday! So hubs surprised me with a lovely set of Holbein Irodori watercolor set and a set of the Caran D'ache..my jaw dropped to say the least!


For today's card, I have used the Neocolors. They are so much fun to use, and the crayons took me back to childhood! My first set of Crayolas was left in it's original packaging for a verrrrry long time! I had refused to open it and use it, in the fear that it would  get 'over' ..until my father got me another set to keep and admire! lol!

                           Nativity stamp is by Sweet stamps and the sentiment by Inkadinkado

 I started by stamping the image and coloring it in. Then I went around the image with a wet brush and dropped in the colors wet in wet ie. while the paper is still wet. Then sketched in the foreground and the tree. Once dry, splattered a hint of white paint and stamped the sentiment.



 Have a wonderful holiday everyone and thanks so much for stopping by !





Share/Bookmark

10 comments :

  1. So very gorgeous!
    Happy you had such a nice gift from the hubs...
    Have a wonderful Xmas and all the best wishes for the New Year!
    thanks for your inspiration..greetings Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous!!!! Your coloring is amazing and I love the scene. What a perfect gift for you for your Birthday. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card .. love the coloring n scene.. Merry Christmas sanketi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Happy B'day Sanketi :D ! Wonderfully painted scene..it surely has a magical feeling n warmth to it.WIshing you Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning as always! What a special, thoughtful gift! Have fun playing with your goodies and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the most beautiful Christmas card I saw this year (And I have seen a lot!!) Gorgeous!! Love to see what you will make with your new goodies in the coming year. Wish you lots of health, luck and creativity for 2014!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for all the wishes...appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pure Gorgeousness~Merry Christmas!!! I can't imagine you without the best art tools around~you are so gifted! It would be like Mozart without a piano

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are so beautiful! You need every type of colouring tool available!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...