Friday, November 8, 2013

Greetings from Paris!




 Second post for today..
 for my Niji post click here


My Season's Greetings post had a reader asking me how I created the wet foggy look on my card and if I had a secret to share!
..I wish I had something to tell, but,  honestly.... no.... I don't !

Whenever possible, I try to explain how I achieved a certain effect, but most times, it's just trial and error and happy accidents! With watercolor, it's about knowing when to stop fiddling and letting it just be. It took me a long time to understand that, but once I realized that, I began enjoying watercolors !

Most of my work is done wet in wet, as in dampening the paper and applying color, I enjoy this technique the most. This almost always leads to some surprise mixing and blending of colors on their own which gives some really good unintentional effects. At the same time, this is very difficult to copy and recreate,  every piece will be unique and slightly different from each other. 

For all those questions about how to go about watercoloring, my only answer would be.....accept the unpredictable nature of this medium, that would be your  first step towards success and of course, keep trying and experimenting ..don't quit!

Some day I hope to start doing video tutorials, until then, I shall help and encourage all my readers through stepped out pics! For now, I have some over Faber Castell and Niji . 
Hope this helps!

Here is today's card ......
 
I played around some more with my PTI city scene stamp set and here is what I came up with...
..After London, it's greetings from Paris!


Watercolored a scene around the stamped images.


 Also brushed on some Iridescent medium on the Eiffel Tower, it gives it a shimmery silvery( are these even words or have I just made them up? hmmnn!) effect.

A closer look.....


Sharing with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge- keep it clean and simple

Thanks so much for stopping by today.



Share/Bookmark

7 comments :

  1. thank you so much Sanketi for explaining this. I so love these scenes you have created. I guess I just need to take the plunge! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work, Sanketi! Each time I visit I am so impressed - you are a true artist! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your card, I should say art work! Always stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate how your artist's eye works not only with color and shading, but with shape. You used the Eiffel Tower to perfection with its curved vertical lines, leaving the arch underneath to frame the couple. Beatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such an amazing card! Your watercolor is perfect.
    I love your little "wink" about my flag (I'm french) with using the blue & red on the couple standing underneath the Eiffel Tower ! Great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo gorgeous artwork. I'm in love with your cards

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...