Sunday, October 13, 2013

Thankful






 Over the weekend, I got some books on watercolor techniques and had to give them a try... some were utter failure, some ok and  a couple of them got me  some  really interesting effects, but none that were good enough to be shared here. But I will keep at it and hopefully over the next week , I will have something successful to show!

Yesterday was a wet, grey Autumn day around here. The grey skies enhanced the fall colors and amidst all those colors,was this potted jasmine in my garden, all white still blooming it's head off! It's leaves are turning yellowish brown, but it's still attempting to bud!  Taking these colors as my inspiration, I started to sketch and as always looked for ways to incorporate a stamp into the scene. I decided on using the floral stamp by  Clearly Besotted for my painting.




 I was recently asked by a reader, how I paint around the stamped image, to answer ...I just go around the image with a damp brush and lay my colors. I hope that helps Julia!

 Also sharing with Clearly Besotted challenge-Color Inspiration-Autumn theme


and Simon Says Stamp- use a rubber stamp/clear stamp

 stamps-Clearly Besotted, PTI-Thank You Inside and Out


 Thanks so much for stopping by!













Share/Bookmark

17 comments :

  1. This is awesome, original and really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my dear, I have gone and made a board just for your work..I pin most every thing I have seen since finding you!
    This piece has so much feeling in the watercolor...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for answering my previous question, Sanketi! Your work is truly inspiring and I really want to do more watercoloring now. Thanks for sharing your wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful work of art Sanketi, thank you so much for taking part in our challenge :) I have some happy news for you - you have won the grand prize from the blog hop, so please drop me an email as soon as you can xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! thanks so much for your generosity Stephanie..off to send you a note!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning design Sanketi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sanketi,
    Just found your blog! Sindhu (trapped in craft ) has recommended her readers to visit you and now I know why she did that :) I'm in love with your paintings now :) So so so....beautiful.... You're richly talented. I think I can be "just looking" at each of you cards now. All the very best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Sarah and thanks so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  8. This is simply stunning! Perfect colors, great contrast. You have amazing talent! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, its always a treat visiting your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome looking! I adore water coloring - I also need to "practice" though I doubt mine would look as fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are always so very, very beautiful and I'm quite sure that any technique you may try with paint would be an "Object d'Art". I think when paint and brush meet in your hand, a magical equation happens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another amazing card! I believe I've seen this stamp used in a different card with different colors... but as beautiful as this one. Congratulations on winning the grand prize from CBS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW!!

    This is absolutely stunning. I love the watercoloured flowers and the background is really stunning. Love it.

    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw this on pinterest and it took my breath away! Lovely

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...