Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Textured Stamping



 Today I attempted a technique shared by  PTI MIM #136 and this week Ashley has shown us such an easy but effective way of adding texture to our stamped image ... just moving the ink pad over it..yes it's that easy!
Here is my take ...

                     Stamps- Papertrey Ink -In The Meadow

 Just as she found this technique by accident, I found that using super wet distress inks can add further texture to the image!

 I inked the stamp and went over it vertically with the ink pad, but since I used distress inks, it beaded up on the image, such that when I stamped I saw that the vertical lines were a bit subtle, but the beads were more obvious. I loved the happy accident and let it be!

In fact when I stamped on copy paper, it worked just perfect, but on watercolor paper, it shows less...something to remember!



A closer look....


 Sharing with Simon Says stamp-Wednesday Challenge-Use a rubber or clear stamp

And before I let you go, I would like to extend a warm welcome to all my new readers, I hope you find something interesting to stay  awhile!
Thanks for stopping by!




Share/Bookmark

12 comments :

  1. This is really cool! I love your sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture that you created on the stamped elements and your scene is so nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scene! Love your choice of colours and the gesture is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a nice turn out with the distress ink...I like the texture it created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning - another little piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful stamped image with all that texture, but I love more those backgrounds you create...

    ReplyDelete
  7. like your style with the watercolors, another pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turned out so nice. The effect of the ink looks perfect with your backgound!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! Love the background you created!! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...