Thursday, October 3, 2013

Letterpress + Watercolor






 A  card for my best friend ! She had a baby boy last weekend and I sketched this card for her.

 I was torn between my two favorites...a letterpressed card and a watercolored one so decided to combine both!

I got the  little one a cashmere/merino wool blue baby blanket ( now that's a tongue twister!). It is sooo soft and cuddly, I hope I can tear myself away from it fast enough to mail it! To go with it, I painted a loose sketch of the blankie on the card as a keepsake for her scrapbook.

Over the weekend, I got the L letterpress platform which fortunately works with my Big Shot. I gave it a test run today and really love the deep impression it makes....a huge difference from my earlier attempt without the platform.

notice the deep debossing on cotton paper....


Sharing with Simon Says Stamp-we're going dotty challenge


Love the look of letterpress!

 Stamps-Sentiment-Papertrey Ink-Movers and Shakers Sentiments, L letterpress plates

Thanks so much for stopping  by!







Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...