Monday, October 7, 2013

Layered Emboss Resist



 Happy Monday everyone, hope you'll had a wonderful weekend! I spent most of mine watching some interesting movies, and 'Gravity' was among them..Loved It!! Don't miss it !

Last night, I dug out some of my old textile designing tools and played with them ..my ruling pen and my favorite dip pen! I have an antique dip pen and some lovely nibs to go with it. I wonder why I stopped using them, I used to sketch a lot with it..hmmn... I guess it's the micron's fault, they are so much more convenient and portable, they pushed my precious dip pens deep  into my drawer! I also got my Parker fountain pen out, which unfortunately had dried up so bad, that the inner aeromatic ink sac had disintegrated!

So coming soon you will be seeing a project I did using these pens, but for today am playing along Papertrey Ink's MIM#135- layered emboss resist. I loved this technique so much I got quite a few done while my supplies were out..here is my first one....
 

                  Stamps-PTI-Stylish Sentiments-Holiday, In the Meadow

 I stamped the sentiment first, then inked it using Distress ink-wild honey, then stamped the image using Versamark and then embossed with glossy embossing powder. Finally did a once over using Distress walnut ink. As  I have said before, nothing is done unless a brush is used, so went over the lower part with a wet brush!

 A closer look.....



 Will be back with another one soon..standby!






Share/Bookmark

26 comments :

  1. so stunning...
    those who receive your cards must frame them...gorgeous works of art each one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love that sentiment and how you put those two delightful deer at the bottom! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post Sanketi! Just love the technique and the card has turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drop dead gorgeous. What talent! The foreground is remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful card, looks fantastic also your other cards on your flickr gallery

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful card, looks fantastic also your other cards on your flickr gallery

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card!!!!! It is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a professional card! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a professional card! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous - love the pairof red birds sitting on the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful miniature work of art! Love your color choices and the birds stamped on your sentiment. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is just wonderful! I love the deer with the sentiment overlaid look! Love the sponging and brush strokes! Into my favorites file! Sue (suen)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Sanketi, love those deer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous. Your birds are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the depth you achieved! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous! Love the scenes you create with your cards, Sanketi.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...