Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Striped embossing



Sharing a card I made using a technique shared by Betsy over at PTI. The latest MIM #130 is about striped embossing...a fun and easy technique!

stamps- Papertrey Ink- Stylish Holiday sentiments, year of flowers

This card is my 5th attempt, my earlier 4 cards are in the recycle bin! I tried Betsy's technique of using post-it's for masking, but every single time the sticky residue from the post-it's attracted stray embossing pdr!. Finally I stamped using versamark and poured the three different colors of pdr..silver, bronze and gold without masking..and ..prayed!


I stamped the poinsettia and colored in loosely.

here is a closer look.......


Also sharing with Simon Says Stamp- Emboss it

and Moxie Fab World-all that glitters is gold challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!




Share/Bookmark

12 comments :

  1. This is such a beauty :) love the smudged look of water colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sanketi, I tune in to see a magnificent watercolor, and am never disappointed! Love the richness of this with the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so dreamy...I wish I was as talented as you! And the embossing is perfect (must try that technique myself). Can't believe its your fifth try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossing is great, but it is the background painting/inking that I really love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! Love the water coloured background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always make everything wonderful when you watercolor! LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card left me speechless!!! The words stunning, showstopper and amazing come to mind. Just wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWOWOW!! THis is AMAZING!! =) LOVE it!! Have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! Love the watercoloring!! Stunning!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sanketi! Another masterpiece here! The muted water-coloring is so beautiful. I like your technique of embossing much better than trying to duplicate Betsy's...I had a few recycle bin cards from this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, Sanketi! I'm SO glad I found your sweet blog. Your cards are just DARLING! I'd like to invite you to stop by and play along in our weekly challenges at Word Art Wednesday. Our challenges are ALWAYS Anything Goes (family friendly) and you can enter up to 5 times each week for the chance to win amazing prizes (we have such AWESOME sponsors). I'd absolutely LOVE having you share your sweet cards and projects with us, and I really hope to see you soon. Please stop by and check us out!
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth, Blog Owner
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Glitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...