Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dear Santa.....


After a really busy weekend, I finally got some time today to paint and here is what I came up with!  I stayed with a holiday theme, cause this year I want to be better prepared with my stash and not  have to stay up late  to finish working on my commissions and personal stash, and of course I love painting holiday cards especially using stamps like these which make it so quick and easy!


The stamp is by Crafter's Companion..and used watercolors to paint.

If you observe closely there is a difference between the above picture and the rest of the pics....
..found it..?


 ...yes... flocking!

I have always wondered how people added a snow like effect to their cards and it was just by chance that  I picked up this jar of flocking powder, the other day, came home and tried it on dear Santa and Voila...a velvety, soft and 3d effect on my card!
I took a before and after picture just to show what a huge difference, little details like these add to a card.
I am so super excited about this new discovery, that I have gone a bit overboard and used it in every possible way on every possible card !

 Here is a closer look.....


Sharing with Moxie Fab World- Holiday Cards

Thanks so much for stopping by today!




Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. Amazing card with even more amazing coloring Sanketi !loved the dimension given by flocking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Holiday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...