Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Special Friend






Hello everyone and happy 4th of July to all those in the States!

I spent a part of my morning lazing, browsing and enjoying the sun. As I was browsing, I  came across this new blog, it's a color challenge blog, where you are encouraged to use different types of media on a single project...... it's what I do all the time, mixing watercolors with markers and inks and pencils  and of course I jumped right in..bid goodbye to the sun and head indoors for some mixed media crafting!

 And here is what I came up with.....I went with Spectrum Noir markers and watercolors today.


 I have been playing with my new Crafter's Companion stamps for the past couple of  weeks and this is a set from their Crisalis Classics collections- The Rehearsal. I used Spectrum Noir markers to color in the image and watercolors to do the background .

Sharing with A Mixed Media color Challenge#2


and Spectrum Noir- July Challenge-Friendship

 Also I used a technique where we scribble a marker and spray rubbing alcohol on it to dilute it and then use a brush to apply the color . This makes it easy to fade the colors and achieve a more watercolor look. This tutorial can be found on the Spectrum Noir website.



Spectrum Noir markers-FS2/3/6, CT2/3/4,GB5,DR1/5

Thanks for stopping by today .



Share/Bookmark

11 comments :

  1. Such a beautiful card Sanketi! The background looks gorgeous and is a perfect backdrop for those elegant ballerinas! Thanks for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sanketi, I hope you have a special friend to send this to! It is just STUNNING! FAB techniques and PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge! Glad you found us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card ! I loved the colors and coloring both !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! My daughter takes ballet and just had her yearly ballet showcase so this card really touches me from the ballet standpoint but your colors catch me as well! Love the water color background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. This is truly amazing! Reminds me of a Degas painting. Well, maybe more like Toulous Lautrec. The subject matter is Degas, but the bright colors that Toulous Lautrec would use are more defining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a wonderful combination. Love how bold and bright the Spectrum Noir markers are in this creation. The back ground is amazing. Love the image and design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's look like a painting more then a card!Lovely creation!
    Thank you for playing along in our Friendship Spectrum Noir Challenge!
    Smiles, Kaly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...