Thursday, June 6, 2013

Letterpress




 Recently I came about this Letterpress printing plates at my local craft store. They were meant to be used with the L letterpress and Epic 6. I picked them up hoping to try and use them with my Big shot machine.
It took a bit of trial and error to get  the perfect sandwich, but the end result is simply wonderful!
I gave away the card and then realised that I had not taken a picture of it at an angle to show you how well it had debossed, so I made another one and here you can see the impressed sentiment and the circles.



The difference between the circles and sentiment is the number of shims used. I used one extra layer for the sentiment and you can see that the impression is even better.


 Also, I used pigment ink and watercolor paper for the card which I felt was better than regular cardstock, much closer to the cotton letterpress paper.

 A close up of the letterpress

 Image-Crafters Companion, L Letterpress plates, Spellbinders die, watercolors

I love the way these turned out..very elegant and impressive.  I have always used embossing folders to achieve this look in the past but this has added a whole new dimension to my cardmaking!

 Sharing the first card with Play Date Cafe-#185


Thanks for stopping by.

Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. Very pretty cards! Perfect for weddings! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so beautiful! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, what a gorgeous image! I love the bright pink flowers, perfect. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...