Thursday, May 2, 2013

Watercolor Wonder

ETA-  We have a winner here!
..chosen as  the winning card over at UNITY!



Today I am sharing a card I create for Unity Stamp Company -You Lift My Spirits- April/May Challenge, it had been a really long time since I played along ..too many challenges..too little time!

.......so I got out my old favorite Unity Itty Bitty stamp-Rain or Shine and set to work. I love this stamp and if you are a regular on my blog , you would have seen me use it quite often. This stamp offers endless possibilities , the background  changes the mood and feel of this image. I have tried it with brights,  colorful, monochromatic, and it's been a winner every single time. Today I tried giving it a grey/ black backgound to achieve that dull foggy rainy day feel.



I drew a light sketch and washed it with watercolors wet in wet to achieve that foggy look. I followed the color inspiration over at unity and stayed with a black and grey with shades of green color combination. Lovely combo!. In fact way back  in May 2012 Papertrey Ink had the same picture as inspiration and here is the card I had made for their blog hop


 a close up of the card...


 Also sharing with Moxie Fab World -Wonder Of Watercolor Challenge

 and Simon Says Stamp challenge-Happy Mail

Hope you liked it!
... thanks for stopping by and appreciate the time you take to leave me some really encouraging comments!


Share/Bookmark

26 comments :

  1. That is such an awesome card, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - this is a jaw dropper! That splash of green is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWzers! What an amazing design! Love the background you've made, the pop of green and the placement of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...this is simply stunning! LOVE your hand-drawn/painted background...the black and grays definitely give the feeling of a dreary day. And then that little pop of color brings just the perfect amount of light and attention to the image and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous! I love the green reflection on the wet ground and the rainy misty look - I don't think I've ever seen a nicer picture of a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is amazing!! Really! The best is the reflection of green on the ground!! What a stunning detail. And the background. Love. And the sentiment along the angle of the skirt and lifted leg. Genius. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this is stunning artwork. I love everything about this. That pop of color against the rainy backdrop is striking. Love you style. New follower of yours here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning piece of artwork Sanketi, love that pop of color and the reflection of the umbrella on the ground. Very clever, lovely scene:-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a work of art! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oH ! so nice and going to be moxie fab! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! This is stunning! I love it! Such a beautiful artsy way of using stamps! Thanks for participating in the Unity challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Congrats on your Unity challenge win. Lucky lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow stunning artistic card!! I would have to frame this.. It is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fabulous card...so well done...

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just so breathtaking! Thanks for sharing your talent! Congrats on winning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card-a very worthy winner-this would look fabulous blown up as a wall hanging :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...