Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pinspired!

ETA- This card was chosen as winner over at Pinspired Challenge



Sorry I have been MIA and  not been posting as frequently as before, but it was time I gave some more love and attention to my fine art side..yes, I have been busy with some colored pencil still life pieces. I have started giving a couple of days a week to just painting and couple to my card making and blogging. Ever since I started blogging, painting had taken a back seat. Also I would  make a card , post and stay on the computer browsing , leaving me with absolutely no time to sketch or paint..no wonder it's called  the web!.

 About 2 weeks back I became a part of a sketching challenge where we are given a subject to sketch ever single day and I needed that desperately! It  turned out to be a good drawing practice for me and of course along the way I rediscovered my love for colored pencils (watercolor had taken over!) and it's ability to deliver some photo realistic paintings. I am very far from photo realism as yet, but I hope to get there 'some day', and until then I shall keep  trying and painting!

Coming back to card making ...here is a card I made for Pinspired challenges. Have been wanting to play along for a while now, but just never made it ....anyway here it is...


 I went with the colors in the picture...lovely pastels. For some reason pastels, pretty, pinks, purples  scream mother to me, so I thought this would be a perfect Mother's day card.

The inspiration pic kept calling me, guess why?



....color pencils..of course!


Stamps-CAS-ual Fridays-Mum's the word, Die-PTI Simply Jane, watercolors.

 also sharing with Moxie Fab World-Wonder of Watercolor challenge

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.


Share/Bookmark

7 comments :

  1. SO GORGEOUS LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is stunning.. loving coloring and really has to be the sweetest mother's day card i have seen.. Thanks for joining us at Pinspired Challenges..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...love the colours....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...