Monday, May 20, 2013

Paper Piecing




Am back after a back breaking weekend...
......literally!
We got some planting done around here and by the end of it my back had a mind of it's own, so decided to give it some rest and watch the Make it Monday # 117 video over at PTI ..big mistake!
..by the time it was done I was already at my desk trying my hand at the paper piecing technique..resting my back went out of the window!

 I had done my share of piecing in the past but it was limited to stamping on DP and adhering it to the image, but Melissa's technique was something that I had not tried before.





For my card here, instead of patterned paper, I collected all my watercolor scraps and stamped the image on them as and where it fit and then fussy cut them and assembled it like a jigsaw puzzle



I went over a couple of  petals with markers just to add some shading.

Also sharing with Pinspired Challenge#9


a closer look at the piecing

Stamps -Papertrey Ink, Inkadinkado

Although a bit time consuming, it was fun and am glad I gave it a try!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.




Share/Bookmark

13 comments :

  1. Sanketi, this is such a beautiful card and the colors are sooooooooooooooo perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright happy bouquet! Just gorgeous. Paper piecing perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card, Sanketi. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love that you stamped on your watercolor scraps. You have such a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I hope that you've been able to give your back some time to rest and that you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word. This is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is stunning.. thanks for joining us at Pinspired Challenges..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is a true work of art! I LOVE it!! TFS your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! A really pretty card, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I wish I could see a video of this card being made!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...