Monday, May 13, 2013

Paper Crafts Gallery Idol 2013

 

Finally..
..... after much thought, I decided to throw my hat in the ring!

The Paper crafts Gallery Idol is a much awaited event in the Paper crafting industry and with all the talent out there..I second guessed myself... I mean there are people who just rock at card making and stamping! But then I thought, not everything is about winning, the experience matters too, so I went ahead and made a card just for the top 20 auditions.

The theme is birthday cards for kids and teens. I decided to go with a card for kids, especially the teeny tiny tots who still can't read or appreciate a card, but love to see pictures.  After yesterday's Mother's day card, I was still in the mood for the storybook look ..  but this time  around I chose Humptey Dumptey.  I thought a 2 yr old would immediately identify with nursery rhyme image .

Here is the card...

 
  I had just the perfect stamp for this card, Humptey Dumptey....one of my favorites! I got a shaped card template from Sweet stamps blog which was just right for the two images to sit perfectly. watercolored them and stamped the sentiment on the inside with just a hint of color to carry the outside in.

,

 I stamped the rhyme twice.. once in very light grey for a faded look and once again using walnut stain distress ink.

 A closer view at the images...
 Stamps- Humptey Dumptey -Clear Dollar stamps, inside sentiment-Papertrey Ink, watercolor paper, Koi watercolors.

I had fun with this card and hope you like it too!

Sharing with Moxie Fab World -Wonder Of Watercolor Challenge

Thanks for stopping by today.



Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this Humptey Dumptey card! I recalled my childhood memory of watching the Educational TV channel to learn English and this is one of the songs I learn! I don't know there is such a stamp and I WANT to buy it too!
    My girl just turned two and I think she definitely would enjoy this card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...