Thursday, May 23, 2013

It will be ok.......




Running a bit short on time this week, I thought I might not be able to play along, but the Runway Inspired #36  inspiration photo kept calling me so much that I just had to fit it in somehow!

I simply fell in love with the mood and color of the photo...so dark and mysterious with a hint of glamor and elegance...love it!

So that is where I took my card, focusing primarily on color and mood and went for the tone on tone effect. I approached the triangle pattern on the sweater by hand drawing that folk art fish pattern using a versamark pen and embossed it and applied a hint of purple ink over it .

In fact all the embossing is done using Zing khaki powder, but it was so hard photographing this card, if the colors got right , the embossing looked golden and vice versa!

For once the stray embossing powder is intentional!. I wanted it to be all over the card, so much so after I distressed the red cardstock with distress ink, I sprinkled some powder randomly all over the card and heat set it, but the irony is when you want it to stick it does not, so I just got a few stray powder around the fish !

Also I drew some bubbles and embossed with red embossing powder near the mouth of the fish.



Also I drew some bubbles and embossed with red embossing powder near the mouth of the fish.

stamps-CAS-ual Fridays,Clear Dollar stamps.

 Sharing with A Blog Named Hero-Clean up your act

and Simon says stamp and show-favorite ink ..since I have used my very favorite Distress ink-walnut stain and fired brick on my card

Lot's to do...gotta go now, thanks so much for stopping by!



Share/Bookmark

10 comments :

  1. This card is sooooo cool and gorgeous. Wow, love that color with the pop of white. Thanks for sharing your pretty creation with us over at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the Ric challenge - a very inspirational card! Also wanted to let you know I received the FC prize yesterday and have begun playing with it - fab stuff! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is nice! Love the rich red and the texture of your card base!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture from the inked card stock and how fun that you added your own art by drawing the fish! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. Amazing background coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. Amazing background coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous red colour! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background is just gorgeous and so perfectly mysterious! Love the textures! Thanks for joining us at Runway Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rich and beautiful!!! You add your own twist in this and I love it! So glad that you play with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...