Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

 

When I was  very little, my father would bring me these lovely hard bound storybooks full of colorful illustrations and fun little stories. Although I could not read yet, he would  still religiously get  a couple of them  almost every weekend. I loved them so much, I would just keep looking at the colorful pictures and hold them pretty tight in my  tiny little hands. My mother would read them to me every afternoon  and I still remember those times as if it were yesterday..oh how time flies!
Even today you can find me leafing through the pages of children's books with as much interest and awe as I did as a child! I truly admire the work of  illustrators who literally give life to the characters.

 This one's for you Ma!



 Today's card could easily be a page from one of those books and the image ... my mom with me , my doll and my brother long yrs back! In fact when I picked this image I knew it would make it's way to a Mother's Day card.
This entire scene was created with stamps  The house and fence is by PTI and the mother and children by Sweet stamp and sentiment by CAS-ual Fridays Stamps......easy peasy!
  In fact the reason I love  stamps from Sweet Stamps  is because most of their images are just so perfectly sized, not too big nor small that it's very easy to mask and add depth to a scene.



a closer view..

I went with gold embossing for the sentiment since I did not want  deep black ink to take away from the soft watercolor look and feel of the card and gold always seem to say elegant = mom!


Sharing with Sweet Stamps blog challenge#117- for mom

and Moxie Fab World-Wonder Of Watercolor Challenge

 and a new to me challenge blog-7 or less challenge #3- 

We have to use 7 or less products on our project and here I have used-  stamp sets, -3,  ink for stamping and embossing- 1 black, embossing pdr- gold , white watercolor paper,  coloring medium-watercolors..total 7..whew that was close!
hope I got that right!

Happy Mother's day to all of you, hope you are enjoying this special day!

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, your feedback helps me grow as an artist.





Share/Bookmark

12 comments :

  1. This is beautiful, and almost seems like it should be in a frame like any other painting! Thank you so much for joining us at Sweet Stamps Blog Challenge... truly a beautiful piece of work!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card Sanketi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a beautiful card, I LOVE it!! Looks like a painting, amazing job!! Thank you for joining the challenge at SweetStamps.com and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful scene you created, perfect card for the SweetStamps Mom challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful card- love the story behind it as well! Your colors- fabulous!!! Thank you for joining the challenge at SweetStamps.com and we hope to see you again!

      Delete
  7. This is a beautiful card! I love the scene you created and your coloring is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card, looks just like a watercolor painting =) Thank you so much for playing along in this 7 or less challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card and wonderful story to go with it! Your work truly has a "complete"
    feel to it. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps and I hope to see more of your creations in the future.
    Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...