Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Blown Ink

This week's PTI  Make It Monday #114 took me back to my childhood!


 
Blowing watercolors/thinned paint using a straw was something I would do all the time, in fact my friends, not realizing how simple it was, thought it was some kind of a trick, and would keep asking me to make differents shapes..tree,flowers clouds!
 I don't know when or where I had picked it up, but I used to have lots of fun with it!. Back then we did not have plastic straws and I would use the paper ones and go through quite a few of them trying to show this "trick"to my gullible and believing  friends!
.......as I watched the video by Dawn, I thought how quickly we forget some simple but fun and easy little techniques and it had never occurred to me, all these years to use it on a card.


 Since I did not have any reinkers, I went the old fashioned way and used diluted watercolors and tried to blow myself a tree !
The bird is by Memory box and the sentiments is by PTI



It was so much fun revisiting an old favorite of mine. Thanks Dawn!

 Also sharing with Moxie Fab World -Wonder Of Watercolor challenge

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Share/Bookmark

21 comments :

  1. I remember doing that in school too but completely forgot about it until your post. You created a lovely tree with that technique. Thanks for sharing Sanketi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Cute story about your "trick" technique as a kid. Love how your tree turned out with that sweet bird perched on it...I need so much more practice to get cool shapes like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic!!! (Found you thru PTI's highlight on FB - congrats!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blown ink tree - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative and the results look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative and the results look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great tree (I'm starting to see all sorts of things in these splatters!) the yellow bird really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, you drew yourself a MAGNIFICENT tree!! Thank you so much for sharing about this; it's totally new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Striking results. Love the tree that grew from the ink. Sweet bird too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, totally amazing. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another Sanketi stroke of genius! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a perfect use of the blown ink technique. You've taken it to the next step by turning the squiggly lines into a hauntingly beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am LOVING your Cute card!! Such a FUN take on the Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of blowing ink, I'm afraid I create something my analyst would make me explain! haha... Great tree though! Love your site.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found your card from the PTI newsletter. This card is amazing! Love, love, love what you did with the technique!

    I'll be subscribing to your blog - your work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...