Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Black and White

Update-   It's a Winner!

Before I get on with today's project, I want to thank you all for all the wonderful comments on this card. I was overwhelmed to say the least!
In fact this is a mystery I have yet to solve, some cards get a deluge of comments, almost like every person who saw it commented, then there are those cards which get like 150 views and barely a trickle of comments!
which makes me think what makes a person leave a  comment?
..yet to find an answer, if you have one let me know!



Now coming back to today's card...
Today as I sat browsing and looking for new challenges, I came across Annabelle Stamps ' challenge. I knew all along that  they hosted challenges , but had assumed they would want us to use their stamps on our project, but no!... anyone could could play with or without their stamps! Great!

Their current challenge AC 160 is a color challenge- Licorice and White.

I sat to create and just could not translate my design onto paper, so, I decided to put it aside for later and instead,  got my sketchbook out, to sketch the beautiful grey rainy day outside. As I completed that sketch I realised it was black and white, and perfect for the challenge!
..but... decided to redo and  use a  stamp for my focal image, just so that if any of my readers wanted to give it a try and were not good at sketching , they could.

  
 The image of the church and the sentiment is by Clear dollar Stamps. I colored around it using watercolors and added a tiny hint of  Diamond stickles to the windows  to show light filtering out and  also on the trees



  A simple watercolor wash can add so much depth and interest to an image!



Thanks so much for stopping by today.




Share/Bookmark

6 comments :

  1. I adore the watercolouring on this image! It sets a mood that is so emotive. You sure are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful card with us at AnnaBelle Stamps.
    By adding just a touch of colour to windows etc. you brought this image to life! Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your card truly is a work of art Sanketi.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your card, it's a piece of art and I too love the added colours to the windows and trees! Stunning work!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Annabelle Stamps!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, I love to watercolour!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...