Monday, March 11, 2013

Song Bird

Today I have a card for Papertrey Ink current MIM#107- using clear cardstock.

For my card today, I revisited an earlier design of mine where I had used clear acrylic to protect my watercolor cards in the mail. I went with a similar idea, but instead of a painting , I just did a graded wash to achieve an ombre effect.


For a bit of an artsy look, I dripped Glossy Accents and let it run ..in fact here is a canvas I did a month back for Faber Castell using the same technique to achieve that wet dripping water effect.



The sentiment is by Papertrey Ink -Happy Trails and  the bird and branch dies are by Memory Box.

 Stamps- Papertrey Ink - Happy Trails

Although my post title says Songbird, I think my bird looks more like a Parrot lol!

Also sharing with Moxie Fab World-Ombre Challenge

Thanks so much for stopping by today .





Share/Bookmark

13 comments :

  1. I love the dripping water look! Very creative ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous technique Sanketi. Love the ombre effect as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. The look is lovely! Have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, Sanketi. I love the ombre effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh what a creative idea, Sanketi! Such a neat look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! This ROCKS!!!!! That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the effect of glossy accent on the acetate! LOVE the purple paper and the clean design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sanketi this card is stunning,love the effect with the glossy accents, who would have thought to use it like this, your canvas it gorgeous too. I'm loven all the bird cards, I love birds..

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an exquisite work of art Sanketi~beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work of art you created here Sanketi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty and unique too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...