Friday, March 29, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays

Time again for yet another CAS-ual Fridays challenge and with Easter and April fools Day just around the corner we are up for some  for tricky bunny projects.....but with a twist !

here is my take.....


 A brunch invitation.  A couple of weeks back my friend mentioned that she was hosting an Easter Brunch this year coupled with an egg hunt and asked if I could make her some invites. Since it was just 3 families, I chose to do something a bit elaborate..... watercolor painting, stamping and embossing. ...and, all I can say is.... the smile on her face when I handed these invites to her made all the work so well worth it!
 Along with these , I also made some watercolor sketchbooks for the kids (post egg hunt!)...but more about that in an upcoming post where I have a tutorial on how to make those books.

So for now ..it's the invites....


A vellum wrap embossed partially using an embossing folder and a touch of twine.


 A closer look at  Mrs Bunny who is hosting the brunch!

 Theme: Tricky Bunny- With Easter and April Fools Day falling back to back, the Easter Bunny will no doubt be extra tricky. So...show us your CAS Easter projects BUT we're throwing in a tricky twist...it CAN'T be a card.

 We have a wonderful sponsor this week......




 
 Stamps- Crafters Companion, Martha Stewart

Hope you all like it, I sure had some great fun creating these!
Do hop over CAS-ual Fridays blog and check out what the rest of the DT has in store for you.

Also sharing with Simon Says Stamp-Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by.

Share/Bookmark

8 comments :

  1. Such a cute project! Love your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is "wow!" (Okay, I can say more.) The watercoloring on the bunny is so gorgeous--it looks like an illustration for a children's book. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and such a neat idea! Cute invitation and your watercoloring is fab :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet invite! love your watercoloring on Mrs. Rabbit!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...