Friday, March 15, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays

Am I glad it's  finally Friday....it sure  was a hectic week here and am looking forward to a relaxing weekend..
This week CAS-ual Friday's is asking us  to use chipboard on our CAS projects..
......hmmm..this one had me thinking a bit, because I am not one of those who uses a lot of embellishments on my cards, so basically I had to look through my limited stash of embellies for something to use on my card.... when I came across this box of banners by Maya Road. It was sent to me  recently by a publication house and I thought it would be just perfect for this project.

 
 I am simply so pleased with the way this card turned out. I tried something new..I adhered a couple of Thickers in the two alphabets and went around them with watercolors and stamped the polka dots . once dry removed them and adhered the chipboard banner, which was once again colored in orange and stamped with a sentiment.

The polka Dots are by CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and I must say they line up so well and the images are so crisp!. Here I stamped them off once on scratch paper before stamping on the card to give it that slightly faded look.




 and we have the wonderful and generous CAS-ual Fridays Stamps as the sponsor...




A closer look

 stamps- CAS-ual Fridays, Jane's Doodles.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you are inspired to play along this week!



Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful card! Love the texture :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout and the texture! I don't use many embellishments either so my chipboard stash was virtually non-existent.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...