Friday, March 1, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays

Today is the beginning of all things good and fun ..
..it is the start of my term as Designer for CAS-ual fridays!

And to kick it off we are having a wallpaper challenge....

I have always wanted  a wallpaper with the brushed suede effect , and there was a time when, wherever I looked I saw it, be it at a home store, or HGTV or the model homes, it was everywhere!
Unfortunately as much as I loved it , was never brave enough to wallpaper our home even just an accent wall.
So the next best thing to do when you love something a lot is to create a card with that look. I tell you it is much easier and way less expensive  too!

 To achieve the  suede effect I heat embossed in white and applied a watercolor wash in yellow and went over it with an orange ink pad.
 
There is lots of inspiration over at Cas-ual Fridays...head over and play along!


and we have Ellen Hutson sponsoring this week....




A closer look at the suede effect...
 Stamps- PTI- Chairished, Anna Griffin

 Also sharing with Simon Says Stamp- Anything Goes Challenge

Thanks for stopping by today.


Share/Bookmark

12 comments :

  1. Really amazing, Sanketi! I love that you went literal and created actual wallpaper that would be hung on a wall! The effect is just stunning. And the tiny black chair with the tiny black sentiment are perfect hanging out together in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a calm and beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanketi, this is just GORGEOUS!!! I cannot describe with words how much I adore your card!!! WOW!!!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! We'd love for you to try out at our new design team: Sister Act Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sanketi what a fabulous job you have done on this card I LOVE IT...The chair is very kool just popping off of the card, thanks so much for sharing how you did it. Have a great weekend..My cousin did her whole front room in swede it was gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, what a terrific background you have created.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! Congrats on your new DT gig too!!! Woot Woot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing Sanketi - may have to have a go at that! If you check out my blog I've passed on a Liebster Award to you....love all your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What colour and impact! Love your card. Love all your work really.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful! I love that you added a chair to your "room" :) It's really a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful technique! The little scene you've created with the chair is so sweet--perfect for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...